Crowns: A dental crown is a cap that is placed over a tooth in order to restore the strength, shape and size of the original tooth while improving its appearance.
A crown may be needed:
- To protect a weak tooth from breaking or cracking
- To restore an already broken tooth or a tooth that has been severely worn down
- To cover and support a tooth with a large filling when there isn’t a lot of tooth left
- To hold a dental bridge in place
- To cover misshapened or severely discolored teeth
- To cover a dental implant